Hyland Group of Companies
Junior Accountant opportunity
Do you long to be engaged in work that really matters? Hyland contributes to the charitable works of MCC which is a worldwide ministry actively serving BC, Canada as well as 40 other countries. We are responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of residential & mixed-use properties in our endowment portfolio.
The successful candidate will work well in a fast‐paced environment as part of a finance team that is striving to create a leading technologically driven and paperless processing environment. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for the various property bank accounts
- Credit card management and assisting with reconciliation of credit card accounts
- Recording of tenant move-ins and move-outs within our property management system
- Preparation of G/L account analyses and reconciliations
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations
- Month-end journal entries and processes
- Preparation and filing of GST & WCB returns
- Assisting with preparation of month-end and year-end financial reporting
- Payroll processing
- Administrative assistance to property management and staff
- Other related duties as assigned by the Controller and/or CFO
The successful candidate will be a quick learner with an ability to manage data accurately and quickly. You are an independent worker with an ability to work in a team environment. Our ideal candidate is a proactive, self- motivated, strong communicator who is eager to join our growing group.
- Accounting diploma or degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures
- Excellent English with strong business proficiency (written and verbal)
- Highly proficient skills with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible while maintaining efficiencies
- Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with strong critical thinking and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Positive team attitude
- Experience working in the property management industry an asset
Hyland offers competitive wages and benefits, including RRSP, extended health, vision, and dental benefits. Only those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada should apply.
Candidates are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active participation in a Christian church or Christian community; and nonviolent peacemaking. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity so invite all qualified candidates to apply.